The Peak District, with its gentle limestone White Peak and the wilder more dramatic gritstone Dark Peak, is a superb walking area. Explore the district with these 20 walks, all of which are 5 miles or under in length and can easily be completed in less than 3 hours.
This guide, produced in co-operation with the Ramblers and featuring Ordnance Survey mapping, is the perfect way to really appreciate the stunning scenery of the Peak District.
• 20 easy to follow walks which can be completed in 3 hours and under.
• Each walk has a detailed 1:25 000 Ordnance Survey map with the route clearly marked plus a detailed description of the route.
• The walks have been chosen with issues like parking and refreshments in mind to make life easy for families.
• Packed with colour photographs of scenes you will see along the walk.
The perfect guide for afternoon walks near to Chesterfield, Sheffield, Matlock, Buxton, and Macclesfield.
- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Collins; Second edition edition (10 April 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0007555032
- ISBN-13: 978-0007555031
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 1 x 27.9 cm