Advertise your business/organisation with Derbyshire Gazette
Advertising your business or organisation using Derbyshire Gazette is easy! You’ll get the first 6 months completely free of charge if you’re a business. However, it remains free if you are a charity or non-profit organisation. you are not contractually bound to keep your advertisement running after that 6-month period.
We reach out to thousands of people each month and our stats always show an upward trend. Additionally, we also send out a post (twice monthly) to both Twitter and Facebook. If you have news or and event you can also submit this too and we’ll be happy to post this on both the website and social media. We also re-tweet all tweets that contain the hashtag #DerbyshireGazette. Please feel free to test this anytime you wish.
If you would like to advertise with us, please follow the simple guidelines set out below:
Describe Your Business
Derbyshire Gazette will choose the Page Heading which is normally the Name of Your Business and its Location.
Just below the Page Heading you should add your own Main Heading.
We also suggest you separate the concerns of your description with Sub Headings.
This is where you get the chance to shine! Tell everyone about who you are, where you are based and what you do.
You can add as much text as you like. But remember to add those Sub Headings along the way if your text is more than a few short paragraphs.
Please try to make it original. Don’t just copy from your website or social media pages as this will do you no good.
If your text is more than a couple of paragraphs, then we recommend you include a few small images. Include these images as attachments when you submit your application.
It’s important if you are promoting your business to include all the relevant contact details so that we all know how to get in touch with you.
These should include the following:
- Contact Name(s) – If someone contacts you it’s good for them to know the name of the person they should speak to.
- Address – Let people know where you are based. If you are a mobile business, you should still include your address. We are happy to add “By appointment only” if you would prefer.
- Telephone Numbers – Include your landline number but also include a mobile number if you are out and about.
- Email Address – Always try to include an email address it will be one of your main points of contact.
- Website Address – If you have a website address then include it as many will click through to learn more about who you are.
- Social Media – Include all your social media links. Not forgetting your YouTube Channel if you have one.
Images are important because they catch the eye. If you have appealing images, you stand a greater chance of drawing attention to your business. Pinterest exists purely on the strength of images.
- Header Image – If possible try to choose an original image that’s not been circulated on the internet before. The size of this image should be a minimum of 1920px x 1080px. If you would like us to overlay your logo, please specify and then attach this too (or give us permission to lift it from your website).
- Small Images – If your descriptive text is more than a few paragraphs, try to include a couple of smaller images so that we can include them amongst the text.
If you have followed these guidelines, then put all the text into an email and attach the images separately. Send your email to email@example.com and we’ll take care of the rest.
Please call Alistair on 07484 758162 if you have any questions.